Friday, 7 October 2011

Cooker

When I got Bobby, all there was for cooking was a three ring hob (a good one I add) and that's all. So knowing that I was going to re-do the interior quite soon, I decided to purchase a hob and grill. I went for the 'retro' 80's look with a Flavel Radford II double ring and grill, but then I saw on eBay a Flavel Vanessa oven (not the same design/colour but still 'retro') at the right price.

So today, with both of them here, I decided to clean them and put them safely in the cellar ready for when I am ready to fit them. I am toying with the idea of upgrading the hob with the 'Vanessa' style knobs and also getting it re-enameled in the correct colour.

The oven needs a new olive, but is perfect working order, just needed a clean (even came with a caravan sized baking tray, oven pan and a few other bits). The hob/grill is in a homemade casing with asbestos to keep the heat away from the wood, this will be kept until I am ready to fit it into Bobby, and I can use the case as a patern to work from for the correct size fitment. The hob had a small air-leak, now fixed its 'cooking on gas'.




No comments:

Post a Comment